Groves is a family owned business and for over 50 years has been providing sewing, knitting, quilting and needlecraft products to the retail trade. We are the UK’s leading distributor, supplying the trade with a vast range of well-known branded products. We also provide a level of customer service renowned throughout the sector for its speed and efficiency.
What makes us the UK’s leading distributor?
- With over 55,000 products we stock the widest selection of items in the industry, including leading brands, trend-led items and seasonal products for all sewing, knitting, quilting and craft needs.
- We have distribution agreements, some exclusive, with many recognised consumer brands, more than any other UK distributor.
- Worldwide sourcing ensures a varied and competitive product offering.
- Our products and supply chains are all carefully selected for quality, consistency and reliability.
- Our large customer base spans small independents to large multiples, demonstrating our ability to cater to a wide cross-section of retailers.
A renowned level of service
- Our bespoke software system ensures maximum product availability - if we don’t have 98% of our products on the shelves we’re not happy!
- For selected brands we guarantee a 100% stock availability.
- Groves nationwide sales and national account team can take orders and advise customers on product ranges, tailored shop display stands, promotions, merchandising and easy, reliable ordering methods.
- Ordering from us is simple - via our ecommerce website, Groves representatives, freephone, EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), fax, e-mail or post.
- The Opticon barcode scanner allows retailers to scan barcodes, upload and place orders via the website.
- We endeavour to dispatch UK orders placed before noon on the same day, for next day delivery. (Does not include orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday - these will be processed and dispatched on the following Monday.) There is no minimum order or delivery charge for credit account customers.
- Customer orders are picked by trained staff using handheld scanners. This ensures accuracy, and eliminates errors.
- Groves head office staff are available to answer customer queries.
The Groves story…..so far
2017: Exclusive UK distribution of Tilda.
2016: Milward brand aquired.
2016: Exclusive UK distribution agreement for Mez brands – Anchor, Patons, Coats Threads, Regia & Opti.
2016: Moved to new, purpose built 130,000sq ft warehouse and offices in Thame.
2015: Sehlbach & Whiting company acquired.
2014: New ecommerce website launched.
2012: Fiskars, Olfa and DMC stranded cotton added to guaranteed in-stock scheme.
2011: Trimits/Impex craft brand acquired.
2009: PURElite range of lamps and magnifiers launched.
2009: Opticon barcode scanner launched to speed up retailers ordering.
2009: 100% in-stock guarantee for Gütermann, Velcro and Vilene is introduced.
2006: Dimensions and Vervaco needlecraft ranges launched.
2005: Gareth Pope appointed as Sales Director.
1997: 27,000 sq ft. warehouse and offices built in Long Crendon.
1997: Andrew Groves appointed as Managing Director.
1986: Moved into a larger 8,000sq ft. warehouse.
1982: Acquired Colin Banks Ltd., a specialist haberdashery business.
1969: 2,000 sq ft. Thame warehouse opened and later extended to cover 13,000 sq ft.
1966: Rodney and Marlene Groves established Groves of Thame, a small family business operating from home.